ABOUT THE CHALLENGE
NineSigma, on behalf of the State of Ohio, seeks challenge responses which Enable Immediate and Extended Access for Relapse or Overdose Interventions.
Responses should be solutions already in development, focused specifically on the Topic. Responses could include but are not limited to: communication technologies, telemedicine, automated systems to deliver overdose antidote.
The Challenge Phase will conclude by awarding up to twelve (12) $200,000 prizes across the four Topics. Prize Recipients of the Challenge Phase will be eligible to compete in the final, Product Phase of the Challenge with prizes of $1 million or more.
- How your approach aligns with Key Attributes for the Topic for which you are submitting an Entry
- Technology maturity and time to market
- For similar approaches, preference will be given to the one that is more mature and/or that has a shorter time to market
- Potential for broad deployment or implementation
- Size/scope of audience impacted (“market size”)
- Enable rapid access to intervention such as:
- Connection to trained counselors
- Connection to locally available treatment providers
- Connection to medical intervention administered remotely
- Enable extended access to interventions from remote locations (e.g. in rural locations without immediately available care; in locations away from hospitals; during travel by bus, train, or boat)
- Promote positive habit forming or reinforcement
Download the Challenge Summary for a full description of the Success Criteria.
Must submit a response by July 11, 2018 by 5:00 PM EDT to be eligible. See the Challenge Official Rules for details.