ABOUT THE CHALLENGE
NineSigma, on behalf of the State of Ohio, seeks challenge responses which Eliminate or Reduce Urges, Cravings, or Symptoms of Withdrawal.
Responses should be solutions already in development, focused specifically on the Topic. Responses could include but are not limited to: pharmaceuticals, medical devices, or other technologies that reduce cravings and urges or symptoms of withdrawal and offer lasting effects over time.
The Challenge Phase will conclude by awarding up to twelve (12) $200,000 prizes across the four Topics. Prize Recipients of the Challenge Phase will be eligible to compete in the final, Product Phase of the Challenge with prizes of $1 million or more.
- How your approach aligns with Key Attributes for the Topic for which you are submitting an Entry
- Technology maturity and time to market
- For similar approaches, preference will be given to the one that is more mature and/or that has a shorter time to market
- Potential for broad deployment or implementation
- Size/scope of audience impacted (“market size”)
- Reduce urges, cravings, or other symptoms of withdrawal
- Offer lasting effect/s over time
- Not pose other significant health risks
- Preferably be in a later stage of development
- For a pharmaceutical, preferably at least be in human clinical trials
- For a medical device, preferably have received 510 (k) clearance
Download the Challenge Summary for a full description of the Success Criteria.
Must submit a response by July 11, 2018 by 5:00 PM EDT to be eligible. See the Challenge Official Rules for details.