ABOUT THE CHALLENGE
NineSigma, on behalf of the State of Ohio, seeks challenge responses which Rapidly Identify Individuals at High Risk of Addiction.
Responses should be solutions already in development, focused specifically on the Topic. Responses could include but are not limited to: physiological or genetic diagnostic technologies, diagnostic questionnaire (paired with novel technology), or analysis algorithms.
The Challenge Phase will conclude by awarding up to twelve (12) $200,000 prizes across the four Topics. Prize Recipients of the Challenge Phase will be eligible to compete in the final, Product Phase of the Challenge with prizes of $1 million or more.
- How your approach aligns with Key Attributes for the Topic for which you are submitting an Entry
- Technology maturity and time to market
- For similar approaches, preference will be given to the one that is more mature and/or that has a shorter time to market
- Potential for broad deployment or implementation
- Size/scope of audience impacted (“market size”)
- Enable identification of a person’s risk of addiction
- Offer clear interpretation or signaling
- Offer concrete evidence that demonstrates efficacy
- Be effective in as short a time as possible
- Be robust
- Have low occurrence of false events
- • Be easy to implement and use (from a patient and/or clinician perspective)
Download the Challenge Summary for a full description of the Success Criteria.
Must submit a response by July 11, 2018 by 5:00 PM EDT to be eligible. See the Challenge Official Rules for details.