Challenge and Prize Structure
The Challenge is a three-phase, prize-based competition to find and develop technology-based solutions that address or improve opioid abuse prevention, treatment and overdose avoidance and response.
The Idea Phase: Closed. Prize recipients were announced on January 30, 2018.
The Challenge Phase: Launched February 28, 2018
- Four Challenge Topics that address specific unmet needs or concerns related to opioid use, abuse and exposure.
- The Challenge Phase will conclude by awarding up to twelve (12) $200,000 prizes across the four Topics.
- Prize Recipients of the Challenge Phase will be eligible to compete in the Product Phase.
- Submission Deadline: July 11, 2018 at 5:00pm EDT
The Product Phase:
- The Product Phase is the final stage that seeks to enable Challenge Phase Prize Recipients to develop and refine their solutions for market entry by awarding przies of $1 Million or more.
** At least $6.5 million is available in the prize pool for the Challenge and Product phases. We are seeking corporate support to expand this prize pool.