ABOUT THE CONTEST
NineSigma, representing Corning Incorporated and OLEDWorks, invites design proposals for OLED lighting applications that highlight the special features of OLED technology: thin form factors, low weight lighting elements, cool to touch, and high light quality.
This challenge seeks creative lighting designs that integrate Organic Light Emitting Diode (OLED) technology into functional luminaires and other practical lighting applications. Up to five winners will be awarded cash prizes of US $10,000 each.
Further interaction with respondents may occur after award of prize. Such interactions may include, but are not limited to, the opportunity to fabricate a prototype using sponsor-supplied components. Funding is to be negotiated.
DESIGN EVALUTION CRITERIA
The sponsor and their partner will evaluate your design considering the following criteria:
- Design uniqueness
- Design highlights thin form factor, low-weight illumination element, cool-to-touch surface, and high light quality
- Design cannot readily be executed with conventional or LED light sources
- Prospective marketability and practicality
- Design can be sold through channels familiar to the market segment
- Materials and assembly costs consistent with pricing of products with similar unity in the target market segment
- Selection of authentic materials that complement lighting experience
- Seamless integration of wiring and power supply
- How the design enhances user experience
- Path to fabrication
- Materials required
- Assembly steps
ADDITIONAL PROJECT INFORMATION
For background and information about the components you can use within your design, please see the Challenge Summary.
You must complete and submit the online response form by June 30, 2016 5:00 PM EDT. You will be able to upload supplemental documents with your response.
Your response should provide:
- Renderings which illustrate the design concept (please submit illustrations as pdf documents or jpegs)
- Optionally, you are encouraged to include a private link to a short video presentation
- A description of proposed design that also explains how you meet the design evaluation criteria
- A description of a what is necessary to fabricate a prototype
- A description about you (or your team) and related experience
If you require assistance to submit, please contact the NineSigma Solution Provider Help Desk (firstname.lastname@example.org).
See Official Rules for details. Contest opens on April 8, 2016. Must submit at least one Entry by June 30, 2016 to be eligible. Must be 18 years of age or older to participate. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited.