ABOUT THE CONTEST
NineSigma, representing Aptar (a market leader for dispensing systems in the packaging industry), invites participants to submit proposals for novel methods and mechanisms to achieve a revolutionary way of dispensing viscous food products, such as sauces and condiments, that can also withstand supply chain challenges related to e-commerce.
This contest seeks substantiated functional design elements, components or technologies that can enable an innovative solution for a clean, controlled and convenient dispense of viscous food products such as ketchup, mustard, barbeque sauce, hot sauce, etc.
Please refer to the Contest Summary for background information and further detail.
KEY SUCCESS CRITERIA
Submissions will be evaluated by the following criteria:
- Feasibility: The Entry is technologically sound, implementable, and addresses one or more of the identified design focus areas in a unique way.
- Creativity: The Entry enables a completely novel, new-to-market dispensing experience.
- Simplicity: The Entry is easy to implement and intuitive for consumer use.
- Scalability: The Entry will not present significant manufacturing challenges and has clear opportunity for commercialization.
- Sustainability: The Entry will consider socio-economic and environmental impacts (i.e. address sustainability of materials, etc.)
Your compelling proposal should be supported by a concise technology description, and include supporting evidence such as:
- technical drawings showing functionality
- a list of steps to support proof of concept
- any performance data associated with the approach
- use case evidence, if your approach is a fully developed solution
- link to a private video to demonstrate mechanism of dispensing (2 minutes max), (suggested but not required)
- any other substantiated evidence to support the proposed approach.
See Official Rules for details. Must submit at least one entry by 5:00pm EST on November 15, 2017 to be eligible. Must be 18 years of age or older to participate. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited.