Specifications of oil-less turbo compressor with the final aim of practical use
- Fluids: R410A, R32, natural refrigerant, etc.
- Compression ratio: Approx. 10 (multi-stage compression included)
- Pressure/ temperature
- Inlet: 0.2 to 2.0 MPa, －30 to 40 °C
- Outlet: 0.8 to 4.4 MPa, Max 130 °C
- Flow rate: 600 to 5,000 cm3/s
- Rotation speed: 0 to 200,000 rpm
- Weight: Approx. 5 kg
Technology required for practical use of the oil-less turbo compressor described above
- Particularly in high-speed operation, the supersonic zone expands in the flow path (impellers, and diffusers, etc.) of the compressor, generating shock waves. Technology capable of alleviating and suppressing such shock waves causing an increase in losses.
- Bearing technology capable of withstanding high-speed operation (MAX 200,000 rpm) of the turbo compressor described above.
- Withstand maximum pressure of 0.5 MPa on a radial loading surface
- Avoidance of contact between the shaft and the bearing even under the following conditions
- On start-up and service interruption of system
- Surge area (unstable areas occurring on small flow rate sides)
Although a proposal for both a technology for alleviating/suppressing shock waves and the bearing technology is preferable, a proposal for either of them is also acceptable.
Considering the higher requirement described above, we welcome proposals for a prototype-level technology that can be established with additional development of about two to three years, even if it does not meet the requirements at the present time.
Anticipated Project Phases or Project Plan
Respondents should submit proposals using the attached Response Template.
The client will review submitted proposals and possibly ask clarifying questions before selecting the most suitable candidates for collaboration. The client will select the best candidate(s) through evaluations. During the selection process, the client may execute non-disclosure agreements (NDA) with selected respondent(s), seek further information disclosure, and discuss specific development targets or potential opportunities.
The client will execute necessary agreement(s) with the selected respondent(s) and move to the advanced development phase. Specifics of any collaboration will be determined through consultation with the concerned parties.