Target to be detected
- Small amount of protein and/or peptide molecules in blood (e.g. hormones, antigens, etc.)
Detection technology ultimately to be achieved
System capable of detecting the above target at high speed. Specific requirements are as follows.
- Sample volume: Approx. 10 μL of blood. Whole blood assay without any preprocessing such as centrifugation is particularly desirable.
- Lower limit of detection: Approx. 10 pM in blood concentration of target
- Processing time: Approx. within 5 minutes
- Size at a system level: Desktop size
We anticipate brief and high-speed detection processes, such as those with an automatic B/F (Bound/Free) separation or without any B/F separation. The requirements above are extremely hard to satisfy and therefore it is not necessary to meet all at this moment. We welcome a wide range of technology proposals with an early-phase approach as long as they have a potential feasibility to achieve the requirements through an additional development of about 5 years.
Anticipated project phases or project plan
Respondents should submit proposals using the attached Response Template.
The client will review submitted proposals and possibly ask clarifying questions before selecting the most suitable candidates for collaboration. The client will select the best candidate(s) through evaluations. During the selection process, the client may execute non-disclosure agreements (NDA) with selected respondent(s), seek further information disclosure, and discuss specific development targets or potential opportunities.
The client will execute necessary agreement(s) with the selected respondent(s) and move to the advanced development phase. Specifics of any collaboration will be determined through consultation with the concerned parties.