Requirements of the drug target
The client anticipates a novel drug target that meets the following requirements.
- Should be clearly shown by evidence based on genomic analysis or omics data that the target molecule/cell is a key factor for inflammatory myopathy pathogenesis. Its rationale should be demonstrated using at least one of the following approaches;
- Phenotype in knockout or transgenic animals
- Efficacy in disease models
- In vitro assay using human patient specimens
- Desirably, the drug target plays a pathogenic role in specific subsets of inflammatory myopathy.
- Inclusion body myositis
- Anti-MDA5 antibody-positive dermatomyositis with interstitial pneumonia
- Other treatment-resistant segments
- Modality: The target should be druggable by one of the following: Antibodies, peptides, proteins, nucleic acid, small molecule compounds, or natural products.
- Tool compounds such as antibodies and nucleic acid or lead compounds are also acceptable.
- Development level: Should be in the early stage of exploratory research
In addition to the above target molecules and cells, combined proposals, with the addition of in vitro or in vivo evaluation system, biomarkers, and prediction tools, would be appreciated.