We welcome proposals based on traditional approach such as improving base resin structures and filler dispersion as well as developing new innovative materials.
- Thermal conductivity (in thickness direction, as composite material):
- Minimum 12 W/mK by 2018
- Minimum 20 W/mK by 2020
- Withstand voltage Minimum 5 kV at 100-μm thickness
- Molding formability: Highly formable
- Can be formed into film shape or usable as liquid prepolymer
- Thickness: Maximum 200 μm
- Has flexibility
- Preferred Molding method: Compression molding, vacuum lamination, or vacuum pressing
Details of the required technology
The anticipated technologies to meet the ultimate goal are:
- Improvements for base resin (thermosetting resin) structure
- Currently, the client uses epoxy resin-based materials, but will study the use of other thermosetting resin.
- Improvements for filler shape and structure
- Filler orientation
- Improvements to compatibility and wetting between resin and fillers
- New materials
Anticipated Project Phases or Project Plan
The client will review submitted proposals and possibly ask clarifying questions before selecting the most suitable candidates for collaboration. The client will select the best candidate(s) through evaluations. During the selection process, the client may execute non-disclosure agreements (NDA) with selected respondent(s), seek further information disclosure, and discuss specific development targets or potential opportunities.
The client will execute necessary agreement(s) with the selected respondent(s) and move to the advanced development phase. Specifics of any collaboration will be determined through consultation with the concerned parties.