Requirements for the Technology
As a prerequisite for the proposed technology, the induction of germination might have been ensured at a laboratory level. However even if germination was not confirmed, proposals for technology that can sterilize spores by low-temperature or no heat, or that can inactivate spores before they germinate are also welcome.
The requirements are as follows:
- Target food: Liquid, including soft drink and soup
- Inertness ratio: 99.9% or more is desirable.
- Duration of process: 60 minutes or less is desirable.
- It is desirable that the process does not change the eating quality, texture or nutrients of the target food.
- For example, the process should not involve an excessive increase of temperature or change of pH.
- It must be safe to ingest the target food after the process.
Anticipated Project Phases or Project Plan
Respondents should submit proposals using the attached Response Template.
The client will review submitted proposals and possibly ask clarifying questions before selecting the most suitable candidates for collaboration. The client will select the best candidate(s) through evaluations. During the selection process, the client may execute non-disclosure agreements (NDA) with selected respondent(s), seek further information disclosure, and discuss specific development targets or potential opportunities. The client will execute necessary agreement(s) with the selected respondent(s) and move to the advanced development phase. Specifics of any collaboration will be determined through consultation with the concerned parties.