The compounds or raw materials should be:
- Proven to suppress elevation of blood glucose levels by either of the following methods:
- In vitro assay such as the following example of an assay system
- Alpha-glucosidase inhibition
- DPP-4 (dipeptidyl peptidase-4) inhibition
- GLP-1 (glucagon-like peptide-1) secretagogue
- SGLT-2 (sodium-glucose contransporter-2) inhibition
- GLUT-4 (glucose transporter type 4) activation
- In vivo assay
- Human study
- Medical lore
- Derived from Camellia sinensis or other affinity species of tea plant. (Green tea, black tea, oolong tea, or other teas)
The client’s interest is not only in a single compound, but also in mixtures, tea plant species, or fraction of extract from tea.
The proposal about a catechin as a single compound will not be considered, but mixtures containing catechin are welcome.
Anticipated Project Phases or Project Plan
Respondents should submit proposals using the attached Response Template.
The client will review submitted proposals and possibly ask clarifying questions before selecting the most suitable candidates for collaboration. The client will select the best candidate(s) through evaluations. During the selection process, the client may execute non-disclosure agreements (NDA) with selected respondent(s), seek further information disclosure, and discuss specific development targets or potential opportunities.
The client will execute necessary agreement(s) with the selected respondent(s) and move to the advanced development phase. Specifics of any collaboration will be determined through consultation with the concerned parties.